Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chess Solitare - Review

Timberdoodle recently sent us this cool chess game to review. Now, I must tell you that most of us are NOT chess players over here, with Pillar being the exception. I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only was it challenging enough for her, but I was able to learn the game as well! It was really fun!!
There are 60 different game boards divided into three levels of difficulty. "I" started off with the easiest! LOL Pillar started somewhere in the middle. The object of the game is to use appropriate chess moves to end up with only one piece on the board, effectively teaching chess "strategy". What a marvelous idea! It's a small compact game that can be played anywhere and the fact that it can be played independently or by yourself is a HUGE plus! We are a big game playing family over here, and this one definitely passed!!
The game sells for $17.50 and when you order it from Timberdoodle you are not only supporting a fantastic homeschool family, but you will also get to experience their awesome website and super fast shipping! Here's the link to get your own catalog-FREE!
Disclosure: This game was given to me for the sole purpose of this review. All opinions here belong to me and my family, we were not paid!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I think we have that game! Gotta pull it out and try to learn it.