Thursday, February 25, 2010

Medical Update #3

I will spare you all the drama that has played itself out in the last 48 hours and just tell you that the trip to Cincinnati for a second opinion has been cancelled. I received a call from billing at the Cin. hospital telling me that I had no "out of network" coverage unless in an emergency situation, which I am not. Obviously, there were a lot of mistakes on their part. But bottom line is that I have been praying over these very same details from day one and know that God has had His hand on all of it. He alone can make something happen as well as stop it. I learned years ago to trust Him and follow His lead. I'm so thankful that He revealed this "truth" now. Things could have been so much worse had we gone down there as scheduled.

That being said I have decided to go ahead with the original March 1st surgery scheduled here. Just to recap they will be taking out a 2 inch section of my rib, whittling it down and placing it in the back of my throat to keep my airway open permanently. I will be intubated for approximately 5-7 days in ICU. Once the tubes have been removed I will be moved to a regular hospital room to start the recovery process. I'll be honest, and unashamedly tell one and all that I absolutely LOVE flowers, cards, comments from my bloggy friends, e-mails, and pics from the kids!! It's the next best thing if I can't see you in person!!

Thank you for your continued prayer and support during all of this. I really appreciate it. I believe God is going to guide and direct the surgeons hands with precision that can only be described as supernatural!


Andrea said...

Praying with you!

Heart2Heart said...


Praying for you sweetie that God's healing hand will guide you through this process from start to finish with no more complications. I love your trust in God and it's helping me with my upcoming surgery. I have one more test tomorrow before we decide just when that will happen.

For now, email me your snail mail address and let's see what the mail man brings!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

:)De said...

Hey Laura,

It is good to hear that you have a set date. I pray for you and your girls as you all get through this. I wish we lived near each other...I would love to help as you recover... so I am there in spirit, praying for you, thinking of you and keeping you lifted up.


RCUBEs said...

Praying for you sister and will keep you in my prayers and your daughters. I'm glad you remain trusting in His plan. Because we know it's always the best. Take care sister. God bless.

Persuaded said...

Laura.. as it is now March 4, I am supposing that you are at rest and healing after the surgery. I hope and pray that everything went wonderfully well and that you are having as uneventful a recovery as possible. I've added you to my prayer list, dear.♥

Can't wait to hear that you are up and about again☺

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Good to hear you surgery went well. Heard from you SIL Mrs. Taffy. :) I didn't even know you had something going on.