Monday, December 7, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

One of our fun holiday traditions is going to the local library with our good friends the Olson's to make gingerbread houses. The kids always have so much fun! I wonder if they're ever going to outgrow such things?? Nahhhhhh! They were as silly as ever this year!! I was so frustrated with my camera. It looks as though a 5 yr old is taking the picture! Why are they so blurry??? I guess I'm going to have to dig out my manual and figure it out.....BEFORE Christmas!! LOL Miracle was working so intensely. Can you see her pinkie finger sticking out? How cute is that??
This picture was taken quite by accident.....although I think it's hysterical!!
After we got home I made some pumpkin bread with a couple squash that someone blessed us with. There are more in my home that don't care for squash than do....unless I put it in bread! Then everyone LOVES it!! I just make pumpkin bread and substitute the pumpkin with squash! Yummy!! The house smells so good now!
It was another fun filled day!!



3 comments:

Carissa Blanchard said...

It's still amazing to me that a library does this activity!! Very fun! Bread looks great!

Anonymous said...

Cute houses! I love making those!
Big lovers of squash bread over here!
Tirzah.

Mrs. Olson said...

My girls love doing the gingerbread houses with you. Fun memories!